Our team have built bridging lenders, headed up their credit teams and provided facilities from £50,000 through to £20,000,000 understanding intrinsically how lenders in this space lend and how they will work with you from the start through to repayment of your facility.
Over the past decade bridging finance has become a main stream option for investors and businesses to enable them short-term solutions to achieve their goals.
As ex lenders we will always look at all finance options before a bridging loan is considered to ensure the right strategy is in place.
Our focus when using short term finance and bridging solutions is qualifying the exit route whether that be sale or through refinance and seeing the loan through to the end with our customers.
Typical Lending Requirements:
- Sales Bridge/Developer Exit: This particular type of finance has become very popular and has led to a highly competitive finance market for developers who need to refinance a development loan or raise funds for further projects. Rates typically start from 0.45% per month with a 2% fee with funding available up to 80% loan to value.
- Planning Bridge: A short term loan to gain planning approval for residential and commercial schemes. Often we can arrange pre-agreement for the conversion or development finance with the lender to allow you to move into the development or conversion finance with minimal costs.
- Land Finance: Land with or without planning where time is required to gain or enhance planning. Developers often use this solution to purchase a site quickly whilst seeking a development loan.
- Self Build Sales Bridge: This is a new area within the market and is used by developers selling plots on a self build basis to home owners wanting to build out their own property.
- Complex Residential Investment: From experience if a buy to let has two or more complications then lenders expect these to be resolved before moving into mid to long term finance.
- Commercial Mortgages: Finance for vacant commercial property, start up trading businesses, equity release and complex short term finance.
- Auction Purchase (28-day completion): Speed is essential and our lenders can typically provide an immediate decision in principle and completion within 2/3 weeks.
- Part Completed Developments: This has become common requirement with many developers running out of funds with the project left unfinished. Most development finance lenders are not open to part completed schemes, we specialise in working with funders that can put in place funding to refinance the existing debt and complete remaining works.
- Pre Receivership: We have relationships with receivers who will introduce a client to us where they believe a refinance can be achieved avoiding selling the property at a forced sale value.
- 2nd Charge Bridging: This is ideal when you don’t want to lose a good rate on a residential investment loan however at the same time there is equity available to use for other projects. Lenders can lend up to 75% loan to value minus the existing debt on the 1st charge mortgage.